What is a Pake? A pie-cake!! This is a recipe my Aunt Beth makes- but I have altered it to make it allergen free!~and thought it really ought to be shared!
- 2 cups washed sorted Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts- INSTEAD-USE Enjoy Life trail mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter- Earth Balance, or Butter flavored Spectrum shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs- I replaced with Ener-G egg replacer- 3 tsp +4 TBS water- mix together well then add to batter.
- 1 Cup Flour-or GF flour mix
- a dash of cinnamon
- Can add 1/2 cup chopped apple too-
Line pie plate with safe pie crust
Place first 3 ingredients into pie plate. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the cranberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. This is wonderful served with coffee for breakfast too!